I used to be organized. Once, long ago, I had a plan for everything, a place for everything and had it all figured out in my mind. Things have gotten a lot more complicated since then. Two kids, more bills, multiple calendars, work, school, ministry...I can't keep up with it all. I think it started just over four years ago when I released I hadn't balanced my checkbook in 18 months. Even though I managed to catch it up, a little part of me gave up at that moment. Even more things started slipping. And now I find myself constantly behind and constantly frustrated. I don't like living this way. Part of the reason is that most days I have very little energy. This is probably due to a poor diet. Thankfully, in the last few months I have revolutionized my activity level. By I still feel tired, behind, and somewhat out of control. I was told this weekend by a friend that I was the most balanced person she knows. If I am, it's only by the grace of God. Some days it's hard to even get out of bed, much less do anything worthwhile!
So here I am, two weeks late...not making resolutions, but goals to get myself on track. I've learned to cut myself a lot of slack in many areas and I'm glad. Perfection is my enemy.
So here are my goals for the coming months. I won't say the year, because some of these might not turn out to be realistic. Or I may find I need to complete a different goal in order to move on to another goal. It's a work in progress.
1. Continue exercising- add at least one more day per week
2. Transition my family from processed to real foods as much as possible-use a menu
3. Consciously make an effort to practice kindness and friendship to my children
4. Carve out time each with my husband
5. Set and maintain a schedule. Not to fill my day, but to bring order to what I have to do. Use a daily system to keep me on track.
6. Make a home organizational binder
7. Devote 20 minutes a week to simplifying life and possessions.
8. Make a plan to get out of debt (again) and stick to it.
9. Most importantly, make the time to fuel my Spirit through daily interaction and relationship with Jesus.
I am hoping that once I accomplish some of these, that I can plan some other projects without overloading myself. I can't be the person I need to be if I am all over the place.
Now my goals are out there for the world to see. I believe I can make these changes...I'm sure revisions will be in the making!