Monday, August 12, 2013

525,600 Minutes

525,600 Minutes, 525, 600 moments so dear - How do you measure, measure a year?




So, I've been meaning to write this post for a few weeks now.  But a very inconveniently timed kidney stone messed it all up.  Follow that up with a frantic move, a job a week later, and then putting my house together much quicker than I had planned, and here we go...I'm a month late doing this post!

So here goes...

A year ago we picked up and went off on an adventure to a far off land...Fayetteville, Arkansas.  We knew no one there and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but we just knew that we had to go.  God had spoken, He had provided, and we were answering that call.  I can honestly say it was one of the hardest and best years of my life.  I learned and grew and changed in ways I never could have imagined.

I came back to Alabama a changed person.  I didn't see it in the day to day.  I just did what I had to do.  But then, looking back over the year, I can see the changes in me, and hopefully, see that I impacted those around me.

How do you measure a year?

Do I measure it in the growth I saw in the precious girls I had the privilege to mentor?

Do I measure it in the weight I lost and strength I gained?  Learning to take care of and appreciate my body?

Do I measure it in the growth I had at the church we were blessed to find our first Sunday there?

Do I measure it in how I saw my sweet children blossom and learn to love Chi Alpha?

Do I measure it in what I learned at the end of discussions and conversations had with an amazing Campus Director and friend?

Do I measure it in the dear friends I made and the experiences we had together?  Oh, how I miss them all!

I am so grateful for the time we had there, for lifelong friends made, for spiritual and emotional growth, and so much more.

I miss you all, and will never forget or regret my time there.

I miss driving by the Razorback Stadium on my way to Wal-Mart to get groceries.

I miss playing music with some of the best people I've ever met.

I miss all our crazy conversations and playing Frisbee golf and laughing hysterically.

I miss Kosmos, and Feltner Bros.

I miss coming home to a houseful of students.

I miss one-on-ones, and lunches, and friends who will drop everything to pray for you and support you.

I miss the walking/biking trails.

I miss running and taking the girls to play at Wilson Park.

I miss my fellow Whovians.

I miss my workout/accountability partner.

I miss W.O.W. fitness.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I love you all!

(sappy post over)




No comments:

Post a Comment